Checking the history of your rates, restrictions and inventory can be done in the logs menu. But what are logs?
A log is data where you can check what happened with the availability, rates and restrictions for a room and/or rate type. You can, for example, check who changed a rate or how it is possible that you had an overbooking.
There are three kinds of logs changes that you can find in the overview:
- Changes from PMS to Channel Manager (source: a long number and/or letter code)
- Changes directly made in the Channel Manager by a specific user (source: EXT + username)
- Inventory changes from the OTAs, where they have made reservations, and this has resulted in a change of available rooms (source: name of the OTA)
In logs, you can see…
- The latest changes in your inventory (rates, availability and restrictions)
- If the messages/changes are successfully sent to the OTAs
You might also like this article: How can I check the logs myself?